Name that tune
I'd long thought of running a "What is it?" contest here, going around the area and taking pictures which were suitably vague, but containing some hints, and then asking readers to identify what or where it was.
I never got around to it, but thankfully, Quad City Images has. It's a fun game, give it a try.
So I suppose I sort of had that general idea in mind when I thought of throwing out some pieces of lyrics and seeing if you can name the title and the artist.
For the inaugural Name That Tune I thought I'd take it easy on you.... probably far too easy, as they'll likely be solved within hours, (or minutes, for that matter) but we'll see how it goes.
Just wrack your brain and, if you have an idea of what it is, send in your answers or guesses, but to be fair, please don't search for the answers online. You may feel good temporarily, but kharma's a bitch. Cheaters never perspire, er, prosper.
Here's the first ten. Good luck.
1. Took a drive through Mississippi, muddy water turned to wine.
2. I went home with a waitress, the way I always do.
3. It was late last night, I was feelin' something wasn't right. There was not another soul in sight, only you, only you.
4 I ain't no psychiatrist, I ain't no doctor with degrees. But it don't take too much I.Q. to see what you're doin' to me.
5. I picked up my bag, and went looking for a place to hide, when I saw Carmen and the Devil walkin' side by side. I said "Hey Carmen, c'mon let's go downtown." She said, "I gotta go, but my friend can stick around."
6. Now some they do and some they don't, and some you just can't tell. Some they will and some they won't, and some it's just as well.
7. Enemies, who when you're down ain't your friend
Every night we smash their Mercedes - Benz
First we run and then we laugh till we cry
8. His sister's black, but she is shure 'nuf pretty. Her skirt is short, but lord her legs are sturdy. To walk to school, she's got to get up early, her clothes are old, but never are they dirty...
9. You can’t run a country
By a book of religion
Not by a heap
Or a lump or a smidgeon
Of foolish rules
Of ancient date
Designed to make
You all feel great
While you fold, spindle
10. She says days go by and hypnotized I'm walking on a wire. I close my eyes and fly out of my mind ... into the fire.
Some of these are easy, some might be tougher. If you can get all of them, great, but if not, just name the ones you can. I'll hold off on confirming the answers until enough time has passed to give people a shot at it.