April 27, 2006

The Inside Dope Watchturtle

There are many here on Team Dope who labor in obscurity and rarely get the credit and notice they so richly deserve. Cranky the Wonder Turtle, our comment screener, is one such unsung hero.

He's a snapping turtle that I caught last year and groomed to step into the demanding world of blogging. Isn't he the cutest?

click to enlarge

Sure, he looks cute here, but I'm telling you, after dealing with hundreds of insipid threats, malicious comments, and semi-literant rants for days on end, he can get, well, pissed.

This was taken after he'd had to endure one too many comments from the usual suspect the other day.


Of course, it didn't help that I was holding him up by the tail at the time.


[pictures actually taken June of last year, and yes, I did catch this guy and later, after he graciously posed for a few shots, VERY carefully let him go.]

2 Comments:

At 4/28/2006 11:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you sure that turtle isn't writing some of your tough talk?
You snap like a big bad turtle.

 
At 4/28/2006 12:00 PM, Blogger The Inside Dope said...

Correction: I snap BACK. I'm quite docile if unprovoked. But I do tend to fight back and have little tolerance for people who should know better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home