January 25, 2006

He's only scary when I say so.

Bush now:
President Bush, defending the government's secret surveillance program, said Wednesday that Americans should take Osama bin Laden seriously when he says he's going to attack again.

Bush then:
From a press conference held on March 13, 2002

Question: "Mr. President, in your speeches now you rarely talk or mention Osama bin Laden. Why is that? Also, can you tell the American people if you have any more information, if you know if he is dead or alive? Final part -- deep in your heart, don't you truly believe that until you find out if he is dead or alive, you won't really eliminate the threat of -- "

BUSH: ... "I don't know where he is. You know, I just don't spend that much time on him, Kelly, to be honest with you."...

Question: But don't you believe that the threat that bin Laden posed won't truly be eliminated until he is found either dead or alive?

BUSH: Well, as I say, we haven't heard much from him. And I wouldn't necessarily say he's at the center of any command structure. And, again, I don't know where he is. I -- I'll repeat what I said. I truly am not that concerned about him. ...
Just like clockwork, when scandal and ugly truth start to lap at the Bush administrations doorstep, they launch a campaign to tell us to not forget that we should be scared, very scared.

"What about the errupting corruption scandal in the Republican party and key figures ties to the White House?"

"Hey! Look over there! It's Osama bin Laden!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home