November 24, 2005

Have a great Thanksgiving

I'd like to personally wish all of you turkeys a very Happy Thanksgiving.

To quote an old Steely Dan lyric,
Love your mama,
Love your brother,
Love 'em till they
run for cover.

And if you're still conscious after all the gobbling, or if being forced to share the same general vicinity as some of your family members is making you question their sanity... or yours, then here's an open thread to keep you distracted.

Perhaps you could tell us what you're thankful for. Maybe your dinner was great. Tell us what you had and why it was so delicious, or how it was so bad the dog wouldn't eat it.

Share the weird stuff your cousin did or said, or how your Aunt had one or two glasses of wine too many and started crying and bringing everyone down. You know, that kind of fun holiday stuff that makes you want to say, "Who ARE these people?"

Maybe you burned down your entire block trying to use your new turkey fryer or something exciting like that. Anything you feel would be amusing or interesting, share it here. Gab like your life depended on it.

Only one rule. No politics!

Bonus points for anyone who can name the title of the Steely Dan tune the lyrics are from. No fair looking them up online.

2 Comments:

At 11/24/2005 11:23 AM, Blogger The Inside Dope said...

I'm thankful for the fact that, out of tens of thousands of readers, there's apparently at least 3 or so who actually have something rational to say on issues and are capable of offering interesting, thoughtful, informed, and coherant opinions and views.

Whenever they show up, they make my day.

 
At 11/24/2005 12:16 PM, Blogger The Inside Dope said...

haha! Right back atcha Headusher.

I'm no smarter than I need to be, but I get by somehow.

And I'm duly impressed that you nailed the answer. Swear on a stack of bibles that you didn't look it up online? haha.

"Can't Buy a Thrill" was released in '72, but I'm not sure you can judge my age by that. I mean, I like Mozart but I'm not 245 years old. (Though I feel like it some mornings.)

I just like good music and love everything Steely Dan and Fagan has ever done. (except Kamakiriad.)

Hope you're surrounded by all the love and joy your family has to offer today. As you know, that's what it's all about.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home