November 23, 2005

Rock Island Ald. Brooks' son arrested in Davenport on stolen car charge, fleeing police.

The son of a Rock Island alderman was arrested in Davenport Tuesday for allegedly driving a stolen car and then running from police, according to court records.

Terry M. A. Brooks II, 18, of 1320 12th St., Rock Island, was being held at Scott County Jail Tuesday afternoon on $10,075 bond. Police said he was arrested for second-degree theft, interference with official acts and driving while revoked.

Rock Island Ald. Terry Brooks, 1st Ward, said he's not responsible for his son's actions. "His actions have nothing to do with me. As an alderman, what he does is not a direct involvement with myself."
Huh? "What he does is not a direct involvement with myself."???!! Oh nevermind, I think we know what you mean.

7 Comments:

At 11/23/2005 5:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

apple meet tree...

 
At 11/24/2005 8:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey at least Brooks didn't make any crazy comparisons of himself to any famous icons or anything!!!

 
At 11/24/2005 1:03 PM, Blogger The Inside Dope said...

Hud, that's hard to dispute. I think that's what Brooks Sr. was trying to say, in a gramatically challenged way.

 
At 11/24/2005 1:25 PM, Blogger The Inside Dope said...

Librarian? HA! Man... you kill me.
What does classifying books have to do with anything?

Since I'm the "head librarian", I guess I'll straighten you out.

I think what you're going for is "grammarian", as in someone who believes that people should at least try to adhere to basic rules of grammar and spelling lest the language and meaning deteriorate into mush.

And I appointed myself.

Sticklers of the world unite!

 
At 11/24/2005 3:51 PM, Blogger The Inside Dope said...

Hmmm. How to respond to such stupidity?

Take the high road? That would be best. Why wallow with the feeble-minded when their comments don't deserve a reply? And if I replied with further name-calling and sunk to the 3rd grade level of this bunch, I'd be, after all, violating my own guidelines for commenters.

Maybe I could get literary and quote Cicero, or Euripedes. But then I'd be accused of being a librarian. Can't have that.

But the juvenile level of his comments call out for a response in the same vein.

I think that in this instance, I must rely on Napoleon Dynamite, who said it best when he said, "Why don't you go eat a decroded piece of crap!"

 
At 11/25/2005 12:29 PM, Blogger The Inside Dope said...

Wha??!! I don't know who left the first comment, but how anyone could possibly consider it racist is ITSELF racist.

The comment clearly only implies that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

But your comment is indeed racist in that is tries to inject racism for no reason at all other than the subject being African-american.

THAT is patronizing and insensitive, not the first comment, in my opinion.

 
At 11/26/2005 8:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could it be that someone has hit a senstive nerve somewhere Countydemo? You seem to be overly ready to defend something someone? But whom??

Sounds like a very insecure attitude to me.... esp when you have been handed the world and can't seem to "handle" it at all!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home