November 22, 2005

Rep. Fritchy mulling race for treasurer, troubled by Mangieri

From Fritchey's blog:
So by now, I guess that, even though I have been trying to make a decision quickly and quietly, it's no secret that I have been weighing a run for the Treasurer's office, (and no, this post is not a going to be a pronouncement one way or the other-very soon though), so I read with some interest Rick Pearson's article today discussing the fact that with Judy running for Governor, the race has a whole new dynamic to it.

What surprised me in the article was the flippant tone of Knox County State's Attorney Paul Mangieri's comments. It's one thing to have an air of confidence, as you should, even if you were tapped to pitch because there was nobody left on the bench. But it doesn't strike me as smart politics to gamely take a reporter's bait, and in so doing, deride "Chicago liberalism" (is he talking about the Speaker?) or more so, "the courage of the convictions" of myself or others by not getting into the race at the time of slating. If he doesn't get that the race is wholly different now than it was, he is missing something. And I don't know if that is a quality that I am comfortable with in any of our candidates.
Fritchey refers to a Rick Pearson article in the Trib on the jockeying for Treasurer.

3 Comments:

At 11/22/2005 6:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Run Mike Run
Boland for Illinois
Seize the day Mike, seize the day...

 
At 11/22/2005 6:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We know Mangerie does one thing right based on the amount of young Manergie kids running underfoot....

Not sure if that makes him the most qualified for the post though?

 
At 11/22/2005 6:42 PM, Blogger The Inside Dope said...

Good lord, that's for sure! I think his wife ought to be up for some sort of award. haha!

A dozen kids? At least his job keeps him out of the house a lot. I'd have to color code the kids to keep them straight and make them wear numbers or something. ha!

When they all get to be a certain age, at least Mangieri can use them for a practice jury.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home