September 21, 2005

Well then, this explains a lot

From the Dispatch/Argus, Sept. 20
Letter: Figge exhibit promotes positive image of Satan

First of all I want to commend you on a magnificent building. When I visited (The Figge Art) Museum, I was greeted by a very professional staff of volunteers. Overall it is a great first impression.

As I continued through your museum. I have to say that I am appalled at the exhibits that you have chosen for your top notch museum.

The Haitian Vodou Pantheon is, at best, the most blatant exhibit of Satan worship in public display I have ever seen, as I have been to numerous art institutes.

I want to tell you that what you have done brings curses not only on you and your institute, but on the Quad-Cities as a whole. In your pamphlet you state that voodoo has been misrepresented and has had government persecution at times. That is because people on the whole would not want to worship the dead and set up altars to the devil himself. That is what you have done in your establishment. The Word of God says in Ezekiel 6:1-7 that God will break down your high places and your idols and altars. In other words, He will bring destruction to the land because of the pagan and idolatrous things in our midst.

Your exhibit also contains an altar to Satan. I don't know what you were thinking but I am telling you that if you do not take that down, you are in line for judgment of the Only One and True God. If you will look at destruction in other places, it would give you a picture of what happens when devil worship (Voodoo) is embraced and accepted. I am saying that when a people practice this type of religion, God has to take His protective hand off of the area. God cannot bless this type of activity. I would strongly recommend that you consider removing this exhibit from your establishment. Tell the witch that you allowed to come and set up an altar to Satan to come and take it down and take it back to where she lives.

I am on a team of people praying for the Quad-Cities as a whole and we want to see God's provision on this area. With this kind of garbage blatantly displayed, you are hindering God's best for this area.

I pray that you will reconsider you decision.


Raymond Banks,

Rock Island
Hmmm. I wonder why the I-76 bridge is always backed up? Could it be...... SATAN???!!!!! Who knew? We're doomed, I tells ya, DOOMED! Repent now. It's only a matter of time before the Mississippi opens up and swallows this entire Sodom and Gomorrah into the bowels of hell.

I would like to ask Raymond (who, it should be noted, has been to numerous art institutes), just what geographical boundaries are involved here. Does this curse from God apply to say, Colona or Princeton? Or is God going to lift his protective hand only within the statutory boundaries of the five major cities in the Quad Cities? Since this devil worshiping stuff is in a museum in Davenport, will the wrath of God stop in the middle of the Mississippi? Will the Arsenal be cursed, or not? Can I move to Silvis and be spared this horrible callamity? Or would that be worse than becoming an eternal rottiserie? This religion stuff is tough Ray, help us out.

And the witch will probably charge double to come back and save us all too. Damn that Voodoo that you do so well!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home