April 12, 2005

LaHood comes to Moline to rouse the troops

Ray LaHood is slated to attend a local Republican pow-wow at The Mark.

U.S. Rep. Ray LaHood, R-Peoria, will speak Thursday at the Rock Island County Republican Party's Lincoln Day Dinner at The Mark of the Quad Cities.

Rep. LaHood is a potential candidate for governor in 2006. Representing the 18th District of Illinois, he was elected to Congress in 1994.

Moline mayor-elect Don Welvaert and three candidates who will face off in the 17th Congressional District Republican primary also will speak at the event.

A reception will begin at 6 p.m. followed by dinner at 7 p.m. The program will begin after dinner. Tickets for the event are $40.


Get your tickets now.

5 Comments:

At 4/12/2005 10:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds more like a comedy club, Don Welvaert and the two Republican candidates for the 17th district one of which is a "NFL agent", what a joke.

 
At 4/12/2005 1:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait, I thought Don Welvaert was not partisan? He ran as a non-partisan? I'm very confused.

 
At 4/12/2005 3:00 PM, Blogger The Inside Dope said...

Excellent point anon.

 
At 4/12/2005 11:52 PM, Blogger The Inside Dope said...

Unfortunately, yes. Every day the trolls were getting more and more tedious and more and more ridiculous.

I've had to delete a number of truly dumb comments.

I got tired of having to clean up their mess and trying to decipher and make sense out of their stupidity only made my head hurt. Frankly, I've got better things to do.

Like shining a light on cockroachs, requiring commenters to register tends to make these types scatter and go elsewhere.

I tried leaving the door open for all as long as I could.

I'm simply tired of wasting my time either A. trying to respond and explain why they're dead wrong, which as I should have known, was fruitless, or B. deleting them all.

As I said in the post above where I revealed the anonymous poster, these are people who just can't seem to stay away from the site, even though they have nothing but negative things to say about it. This makes no sense to me either.

I put up with it for weeks, hoping it would improve, but I finally had to pull the plug.

It will cut down on the number of comments, but without the trolls, it will be more pleasant and enjoyable place for all.

 
At 4/13/2005 11:25 AM, Blogger The Inside Dope said...

Yep. But par for the course. -sigh-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home