February 6, 2007

No, no Barack, you're not interrupting...

OK, you're sitting in your favorite chair at home and musing on the great issues of the day when the phone rings. You pick it up and on the other line is your pal, Barack Obama.

"Hey B... What's crackin'?", you ask.

"Well, as a person I trust and whose wise political wisdom I respect completely, I thought I'd ask if I could have a few minutes of your time to ask for your thoughts on my campaign strategy."

"Oh. I see. Well, I have given it a little thought and......."

Fill in the rest.

What would you recommend as far as timing? Image? Positioning on the war? How to outflank or otherwise get ahead of Hillary. When should you peak? Where should he spend his time and how? What's the core message? How should you position him for the primaries so that he could then swing center for the general?

How would you confront the inexperienced label? What would you do in response to the inevitable and already begun right wing smear and lie campaigns?

Put on your political genius hat (I know you keep it handy) and give your pal Barack some sage advise that's certain to carry him through to the White House. He's depending on you and will surely be immensely grateful once he's the leader of the free world. Shoot it to him straight.

For a little inspiration, read Anne Kornblutt's piece in WaPo on Obama's team and their erstwhile Dean-like strategy.

[You'll get a chance to offer some other candidates the same advise in the near future]

1 Comments:

At 2/07/2007 6:43 PM, Blogger nicodemus said...

I would remind him that he pledged to serve out his full Senate term and he needs to keep his word .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home