July 5, 2006

Fantasy League Politics

OK, here's your assignment.

You are to think long and hard about whom you'd like in each of the following offices, and not limit yourself to just those who are in office, have held the office in the past, or who are candidates for the office:

71st District State Rep. (currently Boland)
72nd Distric State Rep. (currently Vershoore)
36th District State Senator (currently M. Jacobs)
17th District U.S. Representitive (currently Evans)

And pick as many as you can from:

17th District Demorcratic State Central Committeeman (currently Johnston/Boland)
Rock Island County Democratic Chairman (currently Gianulis)

Mayor of Rock Island
Mayor of Moline
Mayor of East Moline

Rock Island County Board Chairman
Rock Island County Clerk
Rock Island County Sheriff

and any other office you wish. Anything above the level of alderman or County Board member is fair game.

And BE CREATIVE. Forget for the moment about whether a person could actually have a shot at being elected. Don't even worry if they live in the district you want them to represent. Remember, this is fantasy politics.

It can be a Dem, it can be a Republican. It can be your barber or mechanic. It can be your pet Shitzu. It can be someone who used to serve in the position, or better yet, mix and match.

Think out of the box. Plug someone from column A into column B. Put your precinct committeeman in as State Senator, or slap a state rep in as a county official.

Get creative. If you were the Grand Poohbah, and you could play God with political offices, putting anyone in any position, no election, no nothing, what would be your "dream team"?

5 Comments:

At 7/06/2006 4:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't even know where to start with this one.

It's hard to imagine a world where I could actually have a say in who represented me in this democracy.

This would be a great game if we could somehow capture the "players'" performances.

 
At 7/06/2006 4:54 PM, Blogger The Inside Dope said...

Well, just think of all the potential people who could fill the bill, put them all in a pool, and then pick them and which slot you think they'd be best in.

I realize it might be difficult though.

I'd suggest my own "dream team", but then I'd be forever held to it, even though it wouldn't be a dead serious list.

I'm sure that once someone throws out some idea, it would prompt others to jump in the game.

 
At 7/07/2006 6:31 AM, Blogger The Inside Dope said...

Not that it has anything to do with the topic, but I think that assessment of Decker and Gianulis is a bit far-fetched.

If Gianulis doesn't have talent, he's sure done a damn good job of faking it for about 40 years or more.

And of course those were political hires. But it's not as though both Decker and Gianulis didn't have experience and a good track record.

I just find it odd to hear someone attack them as somehow getting hired for no good reason.

 
At 7/07/2006 9:14 PM, Blogger The Inside Dope said...

Thanks but no thanks. If I name some people and where I think they should be, I'd never hear the end of it. The people would probably be blacklisted by Jacobs and others and accused of collaboration with the evil Inside Dope, and all sorts of ridiculous political intrique might result.

These folks ain't too bright, and any sign of favor by me towards someone would immmediatetly lead to suspicions of collaboration and anything else they could imagine.

But of course, you're free to take a stab at it.

 
At 7/11/2006 1:19 AM, Blogger The Inside Dope said...

Damn Nico,
When I read that, I laughed until I thought I was going to wet my pants, until I realized that it might come true and it made the hair on the back of my neck stand up! ha!

And then I got scared that the Jacobs might read it and start getting ideas! It probably doesn't sound that far-fetched to them. ha!

Return Illinois to the days of Governor Len Small. Let the fun begin.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home