November 7, 2005

The case of the disappearing editorial

Hmmmmmm. Something's afoot.

Very early this morning, there was a link on the Dispatch/Argus web site to an editorial with a title which suggested that it was revisiting or rethinking Sen. Mike Jacobs' "Rosa Parks moment".

But when I clicked on it, it took readers to a page, but there was no editorial there. It had the heading and the ads, of course, but no copy.

Unfortunately, broken links aren't a rare occurance on QC Online, so I tried to get to the story in other ways. I expanded the opinion section, but the link was not included there.

I tried simply changing the article number in the URL for the story and found many others in sequence, but when I got to the number of that particular link, it was still blank. Frustrating, but they'd get it fixed at some point, I figured.

Well, several hours have passed, and I again attempted to see if it was available. But now not only is the article not available, the entire editorial doesn't show up at all.

Was it there and yanked? Did anyone see it up earlier? Was it in the print edition?

Just curious as to why the headline and link would be up, but no text posted on the linked page, and then later even the headline was disappeared.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home