June 27, 2005

The luckiest girl in the whole U.S.A.

I'm having amazing luck. All kinds of family members of various African potentates have offered to give me millions, and now this:

Dear friend, Compliments of the day. I am Mr Denis Coleman,i am an accountant in a bank. I want to know if we can work together. I would like you to stand as the next of kin to my deceased client who made some deposits in my bank. He died without any registered next of kin and as such the funds now have an open beneficiary mandate. Moreover it appears you are related to him by the similarities in your last names. If you are interested in working with me, please get back to me as quickly as possible so that i will give you the details of what we are to do. Thanks, Denis.
He's an accountant in a bank! His client made some deposits in his bank! My last name is similar! Similar!!! And he puts a period after his name! I'm RICH, RICH, RICH!!!

5 Comments:

At 6/27/2005 3:50 PM, Blogger The Inside Dope said...

Oh pshaw... I bet you say that to all the girls. (batting eyelashes)

 
At 6/27/2005 5:27 PM, Blogger The Inside Dope said...

And Funkysmell? Nevermind. Don't hurt yourself trying to figure it out.

 
At 6/27/2005 5:29 PM, Blogger The Inside Dope said...

And Funkysmell. You don't get it?
Um... why don't we talk. You see, I'm related to the Exhalted High Poobah of Burkina Faso. When he was deposed, I was left in charge of many millions of what you call dollars. I need your help to get it out of the country.
Get in touch.

 
At 6/28/2005 11:07 AM, Blogger The Inside Dope said...

Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding! Diehard, you get the prize. I truly didn't think anyone would pick up on that old lyric. (as a matter of fact, I was baffled when it came to mind, though I sure didn't know the artist.)
Hats off to Diehard for picking up on it AND knowing who sang it.

 
At 6/28/2005 5:37 PM, Blogger The Inside Dope said...

YIKES! I'm embarassed. Diehard naming who did the song with that lyric got me thinking. I wondered if I had that title right I thought maybe it was "The Luckiest Girl in the Whole U.S.A., rather than "The Whole Human Race." So I looked up Donna Fargo on the All Music Guide site, and much to my embarssment, I see that I had it wrong. It is indeed, "The Happiest Girl In The Whole U.S.A.".
The song went to 11 on the charts in 1972.
But no matter, Diehard picked up on it anyway.
Sorry for the error.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home