May 12, 2005

Poof goes the blog

Due to various obligations, I didn't check on the site all day yesterday. But a few alert readers have informed me that the entire site was down, and that when they attempted to visit, all they were greeted with was a blank white screen.
I have no idea why this was, and apparently this problem did not affect other blogs on the Blogger system.

I apologize for any inconvenience. Perhaps the Big Brother "Total Information Awareness" computer surveillance project, which was so enthusiastically established by Bush and his henchmen, (who placed convicted Iran-Contra felon John Poindexter at the helm, no less), was doing a little dabbling here? I've had several hits from Army, Navy, and Air Force data centers in the last few days.

This little blog is certainly a big nothing in the scheme of things, and I doubt they have any interest in it, but the government and military have programs that "crawl" the web trying to find "evil-doers", or at least those that might not have the proper respect for Dear Leader. Orwell's chilling predictions are on their way to reality.

The capability they have to surveil web sites and e-mail is massive. But as in so many areas, the public and their representitives in congress seem blissfully unconcerned.

1 Comments:

At 5/12/2005 8:12 PM, Blogger The Inside Dope said...

I understand that at first it was impossible to leave comments, and then the site went down completely.
I did hear that other sites had problems with posting, so I really can't say whether it was a problem with Blogger, which hosts the site or not.
But it's a annoyance, nonetheless.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home