March 3, 2007

The more things change the more they stay the same.

Notice anything different around here? Good.

There shouldn't be anything visibly different, but I just made the transfer to the "New" Blogger system. It seems to have handled the migration well as far as I can tell and only took a mere 15 minutes to transfer.

Obviously there's not a lot of outward differences to the reader, but it does provide a lot more backend capabilities and makes things handier to create posts and manage comments, allows subject tags, and a variety of other handy features.

If you have any difficulties or notice anything strange with the page, please drop me an e-mail and I'll address it.

This also may prove the first step towards moving TID to an entirely new system.

I'm considering securing my own domain address for the blog and switching from Blogger to Word Press, which has a very nice design and offers features such as the ability to block individual trolls. (which would be very nice.)

A lot of research, work, and experimentation remains to be done, and perhaps at some point I'll have the blog up on both systems and see which version readers prefer.

5 Comments:

At 3/03/2007 8:41 AM, Blogger Benton Harbor said...

Dope, everything seems to be working just fine, as before. I'm guessing whatever changes you're making has more to do with your ability to work with the site than anything the readers would be concerned with. I don't know how much time a day or week you put in on this, but anything that makes it easier for the blog owner has to be good for the reader as well. But... I liked your old masthead much better than the current one.

 
At 3/03/2007 9:00 AM, Blogger The Inside Dope said...

Thanks for the feedback BH.... that makes one who said they loved it, and one who doesn't.

Apparently this new one loads quicker and is easier for folks who have a dial-up connection.

I just felt like a change and came up with the new header. I imagine I'll replace this one sooner or later, and there will be someone who likes this one better than the new one.

If anyone else has an opinion on the new design, let me know. I like it, but of course I'd like to hear what anyone else thinks.

 
At 3/04/2007 1:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The new masthead looks vaguely military & a little sparse somehow, but maybe that's just compared to the old one.

I heartily recommend a move to WordPress; I think you'd like it.

 
At 3/04/2007 8:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure if it's because I've used the new Blogger for months, but I can't tell any difference from the old TID. Looks equally good to me. I agree with BH about the masthead, but I also like that you change it around. Keep up the good work!

Any inkling if Passing Parade will make a comeback?

 
At 3/04/2007 10:41 PM, Blogger The Inside Dope said...

Huck, no, I have no idea what the future plans are for John Beydler and Passing Parade. I'm sure many people would like to see it back and running again (so they'd have a better blog to read than this one.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home