December 11, 2005

Why I Never!!

One of the three women who filed court papers to block the current Davenport City Council from further spending money that could force a rise in taxes said Saturday that she was offended by comments made by Mayor Charlie Brooke in response to the petition.

Susie Bell, Mary Bognar and Elsie Isenberg filed a petition for a writ of mandamus Friday in Scott County District Court that asks the court "to stop all spending and plans for spending by the current City Council of Davenport, Iowa, until the new council is sworn in" in early January.

Brooke called the filing a "crock of baloney" and said of the women that, "Maybe they’ve been drinking too much Christmas punch."

"I was very disappointed," Bognar told the Quad-City Times on Saturday. "I’m a Christian woman and I do not drink. It has upset Elsie’s family, and I’ve never seen Susie drink."
Hmmmmm. Mary says she doesn't drink, and she says she's never seen Susie drink. But all she says about poor Elsie is that it's upset her family. I think I'd rather share my Christmas punch with Elsie.

> MORE <

2 Comments:

At 12/12/2005 10:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Susie Bell's crazy!

Her son owns property on Ricker Hill road but claims he's a part of some Indian Nation so he doesn't have to adhere to United State's law!!!!

Brooke's an asshole, and his comments were not appropiate for an elected official to make, but give him credit for calling a spade a spade.

 
At 12/12/2005 11:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I can say is that the area where these ladies live must not be part of Charlie's new ward - or if it is he doesn't really give a dam.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home