The tale of the till
The Quad City Time's Ed Tibbetts provides the low-down on campaign cash for the Jacobs/Rumler and Boland/Lack races, and unsurprisingly, the incumbants have their usual nearly insurmountable edge when it comes to raking in the bucks from various groups.
Tibbetts' piece provides some interesting disection of recent reports filed with the Illinois Board of Elections.
- As of the end of 2007, Jacobs had spent ten dollars for every one dollar expended by Rumler, $64,731 to Rumler's $6,458.
- Boland continues to enjoy the support of Illinois House Speaker Michael Madigan. Tibbett's article reports Boland having received just over $6000 from him so far, though this figure omits a $1,874.30 contribution made the day the article was published which brings the total contributed from the Speaker to $8,073.49.
- Boland received $500 from East Moline mayor John Thodos.
- Jerry Lack has received $5100 from Pat Verschoore's election committee and over $1000 from Denny Jacobs and his lobbying outfit.
- Mike Jacobs received $20,000 from the Illinois Senate Democratic Fund, $7,500.00 from AFSCME Illinois Council 31 which represents government workers, $6000 from the Associated Beer Distribiuters of IL PAC, $5000 from the Illinois State Medical Society PAC, $2,500 from Citizens For John Cullerton, $2,500.00 from Illinois Hospital Association PAC, $2,000.00 from Manufacturers PAC, and many more thousands from a slew of insurance industry PACs.
Finacial reports can be found at the Illinois Board of Elections site.