February 12, 2007

Pictures and reports from the Barack Obama announcement in Springfield


The following several posts all cover the scene surrounding the official announcement speech of Barack Obama yesterday, Saturday, February 10th of his intention to run for the Democratic presidential nomination.

All of the pictures were shot at various locations around Springfield on Friday and Saturday, before, during, and after the speech.

For best viewing, click on the individual pictures to open a larger version in a new window. Some using Internet Explorer might need to also hover their cursor over the picture that appears in the new window and click on the x icon to actually show the picture full size. (IE has a setting that reduces pictures to fit the window automatically, and this overrides it.)

I encourage any readers who were there and have anecdotes or have good pictures to send them along if you wish. Send them to the mailbag at theinsidedope@gmail.com and include how you'd like to be credited, if at all. As always, your anonymity is guaranteed.


P.S. Scott McFarland was in attendance (and much closer to the podium) and is posting his pictures from the event here.

3 Comments:

At 2/11/2007 6:21 PM, Blogger Mac said...

Thanks for the link Dope.

 
At 2/11/2007 8:31 PM, Blogger Benton Harbor said...

Some great pics and reporting in the last couple of entries, Dope. Thank you.

 
At 2/12/2007 12:35 AM, Blogger The Inside Dope said...

Scott and Benton, thanks.. I appreciate that.

It was fun and exciting, but kind of grueling when you factor in the weather and trying to be at the right place at the right time. (and of course, little or no sleep, and eating on the run.)

I had a few disappointments, such as narrowly missing Obama's arrival at his hotel twice, once by literally seconds, and another by a few minutes. And of course, the few times I happened to go out without my camera, I'd invariably see someone recognizable and not get the shot. (Like Ifill and Matthews chatting together... two prominent figures from different networks and rarely seen together, or missing getting Matthew's loud and clear response to the remark about his socks on tape. I've got to get used to using my dumb cell phone camera, I guess.)

I realize I put up a LOT of pictures, and I hoped that for readers it wouldn't become like looking at someone's stupid slide show of their vacation. I'd hoped the pictures were at least interesting, so any feedback is appreciated, especially positive.

I have a lot more, and may post a few random shots from Saturday as well. (and of course, I have about an hour of video, but it would take some time to edit it into small enough clips and post them and I haven't even had the time to review it yet.)

Thanks again for the positive comments, and of course, for being valued contributors here yourselves.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home