July 23, 2006

That's right folks... it's time to play.....

NAME THAT BARN!!! [CHEESY APPLAUSE TRACK]

Today's barn is probably just too easy.



I can safely assume that the majority of readers have seen it a dozen times and perhaps many more.

Though no clue is needed, I'll give you that it's located in Illinois.

**UPDATE**

Reader PrairieStateDem identified the barn correctly. Hats off!
It's located at mile marker 47 on I-80 east atop a small hill on the right.

Here's some more shots which might make it more familiar. They were taken with one hand at highway speeds, (a couple backwards over my shoulder on the return leg) so they're not perfect, but might jog your memory.







2 Comments:

At 7/23/2006 7:23 PM, Blogger The Inside Dope said...

Diehard, you're getting luke warm...

Again, I'm sure almost every reader has seen this barn many times in their travels.

 
At 7/24/2006 10:47 PM, Blogger The Inside Dope said...

Blogger was screwed up earlier making it impossible to post. But I was going to say congraulations again to PSD for IDing the barn.

It's always a striking sight to me as it sits up above the highway on a hill which sillouettes it against the sky.

There's just sort of a weathered, isolated look about it that recalls times long gone.

And thankfully, I doubt it's in danger of being encroached upon by suburban sprawl anytime soon. It's out in the middle of nothing in Bureau County. The nearest towns are the thriving metropolises of Wyanet and Buda if I'm not mistaken.

It's holding together pretty well for being up on an unsheltered hill with no protection from the elements for probably longer than most of us have been alive.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home