May 28, 2006

Register your views

To be honest, I'm sick of it. The stupid, repetitive, and frankly, idiotic comments from a few clowns who dont' read, don't listen, and don't think. Though they make things lively, I think the blog would be improved without them.

So I'm going back to the policy that only those registered with Blogspot be allowed to leave comments. The group of commenters that actually have something to say and know how to debate and argue ideas are likely already registered or will willingly do so. It's sort of a hoop to jump through, but most will not find it a problem. If it weeds out a few trolls, all the better.

So come on in, the water's fine. Registration is a little ticklish, but not too tough. You're still anonymous as before, but you have to choose a screen name which will appear with your comments.

There's a link to a little "how-to" on the process of registration in the sidebar.

And of course, if anyone finds the process baffling or gets stuck, don't hesitate to contact me via e-mail and I'll be glad to help.

Reading the moronic stuff that a few people continually sent in was really starting to erode my faith in the human race.

I'm already cynical enough as it is, and being reminded daily of how these people think and operate is frankly just depressing. They're constantly peeing on your leg and telling you it's raining, and trying to talk sense to them was about as effective as explaining particle physics to a cow.

So I expect comments to be less in quantity for a while, but greater in quality with any luck.

We'll give it a go and see what happens.

If you really don't like the idea, if it causes you some problems and you can't or won't register, get in touch and tell me about it.

And if you're a rational person who'd like to contribute your thoughts and participate but you're having trouble getting registered, drop me an e-mail and let me know. I'm confident I can help you through it and get you fixed up.

How to register instructions here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home