March 10, 2006

Republican crooks and the White House that loves them

It's OK if you're a millionaire with ties to the White House.

It's a sweet deal when you're stealing so bad and so big that the administration is scared to death to go after you for the political damage it would do.

Of course, they couldn't care less that the country is being looted by these guys. Hell, that's the name of the game.

Scare the people into handing over the keys to the vault.

To these money grubbing traitors, the "war on terror" = a license to steal.

And that's not to mention all the billions of dollars wasted on "straight" contracts. After 9-11, there was a absolute stampede of businesses and colleges trying to line up for their slice of the big pie that they knew would be coming. It was as if they threw open the gates of Fort Knox and everybody and their cousin all rushed in grabbing with both hands.

This fits in perfectly with the right wing's desire to "shrink government", in other words, bankrupt it, until there's no money left for anything but defense contracts and corporate welfare. Then the government can't function, can't regulate, can't investigate, can't do anything to get in the way of their taking more and more money.

If all this doesn't get people's attention and motivate them to do something at the polls, then I'm afraid they'll tolerate literally anything, short of taking their moronic television shows off the air or interfering with their right to spend themselves into debt buying shabby foreign made junk at Wal-Mart.

Which gives me a chance to include some Zappa lyics. The great man addressed this phenomena in "Flakes":
I'm a moron, and this is my wife
She's frosting a cake
With a paper knife

All what we got here's
American made
It's a little bit cheesey,
But it's nicely displayed
Well we don't get excited when it
Crumbles an' breaks
We just get on the phone
And call up some flakes
They rush on over
an' wreck it some more
an' we are so dumb
They're linin' up at our door

Well, the toilet went crazy
Yersterday afternoon
The plumber he says
Never flush a tam-poon
This great information
Cost me half a week's pay
And the toilet blew up
Later on the next day-ay-eee-ay
Blew up the next day
Woo-ooo

We are millions an' millions,
We're coming to get you
Can't escape the conclusion
It's probably God's will
That civilization
Will grind to a standstill
And we are the people
Who will make it all happen
While yer children is sleepin',
Yer puppy is crappin'
You might call us flakes
Or something else you might coin us
But we know you're so greedy
That you'll probably join us

3 Comments:

At 3/13/2006 10:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You date yourself!

 
At 3/13/2006 12:35 PM, Blogger The Inside Dope said...

Hey! So what? Sometimes there just wasn't anyone around to date. So I'd take myself out, get myself drunk... take myself back to my place... put on some smooth music... and take advantage of myself.

It wasn't like I was kinky about it or nothin' I mean, I didn't tie myself up first or anything.

OH! You mean I show my age by those lyrics?

No, not necessarily. I mean, I like Bach too, but I'm not 200 years old. (though I feel like it some days)

 
At 3/13/2006 1:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good one!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home