February 20, 2006

Vicki Wright gains Fraternal Order of Police endorsement

From a Vicki Wright campaign press release:
JUDGE VICKI WRIGHT, candidate for the Third District Appellate Court, has received the prestigious endorsement of the State Lodge of the Illinois Fraternal Order of Police, Springfield, Illinois for the Primary election scheduled for March 21, 2006.

The Fraternal Order of Police represents the interests of 35,000 men and women in uniform state wide. The endorsement came as a result of the combined recommendation from the Legislative Committee of the Fraternal Order of Police comprised of representatives from the Illinois State Police, Illinois FOP Labor Council, Illinois Department of Corrections, County and Municipal Police and Chicago Police. The recommendation from the legislative committee was approved by the Executive Board and the Board of Trustees comprised of law enforcement members from around the State of Illinois.

Judge Wright has been an attorney for 24 years and has always served the community in a public capacity. She has never been the member of a private law firm.

Wright conducted criminal appeals for the Third Appellate District in Ottawa for the first two years of her career and then moved to Whiteside County where she developed a specialty in the prosecution of sex offenders. In 1991, Wright was appointed as the first female Associate Judge in the Fourteenth Judicial Circuit which includes, Rock Island, Henry, Mercer and Whiteside County.

Wright stated, "Our citizens respect those who wear uniforms and are willing to risk their lives to protect and serve our community. After September 11, 2001, we all came to appreciate that the members of law enforcement fight the possibility of catastrophic events right here in our communities and are willing to make the ultimate sacrifice for our safety."

She added, "This is a major endorsement that I am very proud to receive but did not expect, because this is a very hotly contested race. I am gratified to know those in uniform appreciate my service to our community as judge for the last 15 years."

Judge Wright, has been a trial court judge for the last 15 years in the Fourteenth Judicial Circuit, which includes Rock Island, Whiteside, Henry and Mercer counties.

19 Comments:

At 2/20/2006 6:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice endorsement for Judge Wright. I am glad to see her campaign picking up some steam here in RI County. I think I have seen signs pop up for her here in the county in the last week This is a big district, I think 22 counties, so let's support our local candidate.

 
At 2/20/2006 8:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've known Vicki Wright for 20 years. Although not close to Judge Wright personally, I've been in positions that have allowed me to observe her both as a prosecutor and judge. As a prosecutor, she was prepared and polished in the courtroom. As a judge, she is tough but fair. She is compassionate when the situtation calls for a lighter hand. She gets my vote.

 
At 2/20/2006 1:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kudos to Judge Wright on her endorsement. There are three good candidates in this race. Lane Evans and lots of elected RI County Dems and most of the labor unions are for Judge Lance Peterson. Tom O'Neal has support in Peoria. We are blessed with three fine candidates. As a Democrat, I urge everyone to stay positive about all three because whomever wins will face a very tough Republican opponent from Will County.

 
At 2/20/2006 7:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Lance Peterson!

Lane Evans thinks this guy is phenomenal.

Peterson may as well open up residency in Rock Island County for as many visits as he's paid us the past year!

 
At 2/20/2006 8:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lance Peterson has been around here? Must have been for fundraisers because I've never heard of any appearances. I don't know anything about him.

 
At 2/20/2006 8:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please go to www.judgelancepeterson.com for bio info. He's been state's attorney and circuit judge for several years in Grundy. Lane Evans and many others have gotten to know him (he almost lives here) and endorsed him. Very good candidate.
That's not a knock against O'Neal and Wright, but a positive for Peterson.

 
At 2/20/2006 10:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark, maybe you should come off of some of that money and try and make it to a democratic fundraiser once in a while. Fictional charicters are accepted there.

 
At 2/20/2006 11:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nah, thanks anyway. I used to go to them, but it's the same bunch of stiffs every time. It's like being in the movie "Groundhog Day".
Nothing to get excited about, and not much to make me want to get off my wallet, I'm afraid.
Unlike the usual crowd at these gatherings, I don't have extra thousands laying around to pay for access and influence. My money doesn't come easy, and if it's going to go to any candidates, it will go to someone I believe in, not because I'm essentially giving them a bribe to look out for my personal interests.

 
At 2/21/2006 6:05 AM, Blogger The Inside Dope said...

Fictional characters at Dem fundraisers? What?

You mean next time I go to one of these affairs I'll get to rub elbows with Ed Norton, Foghorn Leghorn, Rufus T. Firefly, Mayor Quimby, Senator Blutarsky, Cliff Klaven, and Lionel Hutz?

I thought I saw them all at the last one.

 
At 2/21/2006 7:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, But you might just see a Dope.

 
At 2/21/2006 1:04 PM, Blogger The Inside Dope said...

That possibility would no doubt increase attendance.

The Dope moves in mysterious ways.

 
At 2/21/2006 6:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dope, are yu that little Gnome on the travel commercials? You know, the one that is watching the family in their hotel room (kinda wierd) and makes odd comments about why he's there.....DO you moonlight as a celebrity on TV commercials sometimes??

 
At 2/22/2006 12:41 AM, Blogger The Inside Dope said...

No comment

 
At 2/22/2006 6:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know I kinda thought the comments made by tha gnome reminded me of someone......

 
At 2/23/2006 10:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The big scoop in this FOP endorsement is that they endorsed not one but two candidates for appellate court judge! The Fraternal Order of Policy also endorsed Lance Peterson for appellate court, along with Vicki Wright. That's huge for Peterson, as now he has the endorsements of just about every labor union, Lane Evans, State Reps. Frank Mautino and Pat Verschoore and Peoria County State's Attorney Kevin Lyons - plus the key folks in Will County. Can you say, "momentum"?

 
At 2/25/2006 10:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see the claws are coming out in this race now... O'Neil is harping on Peterson for his speeches and Peterson's people are moaning over Wright picking a Republican ballot some time ago, to would be supporters... getting interesting.

 
At 3/02/2006 1:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My name is Tom O'Neal. I wanted to comment on the "anonymous" post that "O'Neil is harping on Peterson for his speeches . . .". I'm not certain what this comment means. In the "speeches" I've heard, Lance discusses his background. So far as I know, Lance has not made any misstatements as to that background. I have not challenged or otherwise "harped" on any claim made by any candidate in the speeches I've heard. I will tell you that I have the cell phone numbers of both Lance and Vicki, as do they mine. I try to respond to any comment or question either have regarding anything attributed to me. If there is something any of your visitors believe I have misstated, I encourage them to contact me at the phone or email listed on my website. I will look forward to those communications.

 
At 3/02/2006 1:52 PM, Blogger The Inside Dope said...

Tom,
I predict such commenters will suddenly become pretty quiet.

Thanks for the response.

 
At 3/02/2006 5:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do not know why Vicki keeps advertising this endorsement. Lance Peterson was endorsed by the Fraternal Order of Police as well. Plus, Lance was endorsed by the Associated Firefighters of Illinois and has the overwheming support of organized labor over the 21 county district (that includes formal endorsements).
O'Neil and Wright should be really worried!
On top of all that, if Wright keeps running a negative campaign I know it will have a negative effect.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home