July 24, 2005

It's Lots of Words Sunday!

Since it's Sunday and it's supposed to be hotter than an exploded oil pipeline in Iraq and most people will likely be staying indoors, I thought I'd do something despite advise to the contrary and give you a few long posts to enjoy.

I've been repeatedly told by a friend of The Inside Dope the conventional wisdom that I should keep my posts very short, as people don't have much in the way of attention spans, which is undoubtedly true, and with the implication that no one wants to hear what I think, which is likely true as well. (Damn it.)

But I like to imagine that some of you readers are actually literate enough to handle reading a few hundred words, especially if they're from good writers and on interesting topics.

So turn off your TV, put out the dog, gather the family around the monitor and enjoy a few posts from your old Uncle Dope with hundreds of words strung all together at once.

I don't want to panic some of you out there, but there's no pictures either. Just keep reading at your own pace and before you know it, you'll be at the end and wishing there was more to read.

I'm even considering a pop quiz tomorrow.

So stay as cool as an Eskimo's tool and enjoy "Lots of Words Sunday"!

1 Comments:

At 7/25/2005 7:54 AM, Blogger The Inside Dope said...

You're entirely welcome. I thought Krugman and Rich's columns were both excellent and worth reading.

I do struggle with trying to keep things short. I don't want to scare off people with long posts, but often feel that it's impossible to get enough info across or provide background to a story in only a paragraph or two.

It was hot, but not as hot as I expected. It never broke 100 at The Dope's Fortress of Solitude, only mustering a measley 98 degrees. I was kind of looking forward to seeing if I could fry an egg on the pavement.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home