April 15, 2005

A prime candidate for Bush's cannon fodder

Read this poor deluded high school student's thoughs and weep.

After watching a movie shown in my English class at United Township High School about the war in Iraq, I decided to write my true feelings about the situation. The movie made me so mad. It showed pictures of the twin towers being attacked and many people dying. It also showed the war and the people who have died so far.

The movie made me want to join the military and go after justice. The cowards who attacked us need to pay dearly for what they have done.

I believe that when we catch everyone who planned or helped the terrorists in any way they should all get a bullet. Better yet, I think we should take everyone who was involved with the attack on New York City and hang them right on Ground Zero; that way everyone will see the people responsible being punished severely. It would also show a very important point -- you cannot escape justice.

I am truly grateful for everything that the military has done. I am thankful for every one of the American soldiers that have died protecting me. They are all truly saints. I am also thankful for the soldiers still fighting for the United States' freedom as well as my own. I also know that they won't quit until justice is achieved.

Overall, I am thankful for George W. Bush who has the guts to stand up and fight instead of someone like John Kerry who just wanted to talk it over. Thank you George W. Bush and the entire military for protecting me and the United States of America, and for making sure that 9/11's attackers are punished and for making sure that there isn't another attack. Thank you all truly.

Casey W. Meier is a student at United Township High School.


There's so much wrong with young Casey's logic that I wouldn't know where to begin. He's just another person laboring under so many false beliefs and so much false bravado that it's difficult to read. And for many like him, such delusion has meant death or living the rest of their lives without arms, legs, or eyesight or with other less noticiable scars, both physical and psychological.

1 Comments:

At 4/17/2005 1:42 PM, Blogger The Inside Dope said...

Yep. He's thankful to Bush and the troops for "keeping us safe". But safe from what? A non-existent threat from Iraq? Terrorism? Both are invented threats, as it is simply hard to believe that anything our government has done since 9-11 has prevented any terror events from happening.
Clinton stopped several attempts just through law enforcement techniques.
All the blood and carnage in Iraq has done nothing to keep us safe from anything, and in truth, has only made the U.S. more hated by more people.

If only he knew enough to thank Bush for that as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home