February 19, 2005

Gay Prosti-gate?

As many of you are probably aware, there's an amazing scandal currently unfolding involving a gay prostitute/fake reporter/right wing shill using the phony name "Jeff Gannon" who was allowed into daily White House press briefings under very suspicious circumstances. (there's also a link to the Valerie Plame outing as well)

Most of the digging on the story was done by John Aravosis of Ameriblog.

Get all the angles (there's a LOT) of the deeply weird story here. (Caution, contains disturbing images of "Gannon", unless you're into that sort of thing of course.)

The whole thing is amazing and getting weirder by the day. Many posts on the ongoing saga here. (start near the bottom to read in chronilogical order)

A link to The Daily Show's take and excerpts of Frank Rich, Sid Blumenthal, and Eric Boelert pieces on the affair via Atrios here.

Jim Jeff Gannon/Guckert has also been caught lying his ass off and, typically for a right wing hypocrite (a gay prostitute who routinely argued against gay rights) caught with his pants down, is now trying to play the victim. Unbelievably, there are those that have drunk the right wing kool ade and are so addled that they actually defend him. Like this bozo.

This is really an explosive story. Try, if you can, to imagine what would have happened if this had been revealed during Clinton's administration! What will we tell the CHILDREN???!!!!" Where's Henry "The flag is falling" Hyde when you need him?

> MORE <

6 Comments:

At 2/19/2005 11:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The hypocrisy of the right wing is amaaaaaaaaaaaazinnnnnnnnnnnngg.

They will let their gay pals inside the White House press room illegally, as long as they are pro-Bush.

Have you ever seen a bunch like this?

They have run up the biggest deficit in American history and like to talk about "values"?

Gimmmmmmmmmmme a break.

 
At 2/20/2005 12:46 AM, Blogger The Inside Dope said...

It's proven again and again and again that the very people screeching about "values" and honor and being so devout and all the rest of that blather are the most IMMORAL, corrupt bastards imaginable. They will do ANYTHING for a buck or more power, including lying through their teeth, and railing about the Godless Democrats, while simultaneously shagging their secretary, cruising for men in public parks, abusing their kids, fondling young boys, or stealing money from the government.
They're shameless.
Every time you hear some wingnut whining about values... watch out!

 
At 2/21/2005 7:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you're writing about the QC's, write about the QC's.

 
At 2/21/2005 11:09 AM, Blogger The Inside Dope said...

First of all, I have never said that I have imposed some sort of ironclad rule that I will report ONLY on the Quad Cities. Secondly, in the very title of the page, it says that it's not limited to the Quad Cities.
I hope to provide new content here as often as possible. Apparently you would prefer that I limit myself to QC news only, even if it means that the page would sit here for days with no changes if there's nothing notable to report?
Would you find a static site that rarely changes more interesting? I disagree. I don't intend this site to be simply a regurgitation of stories found on the local media sites.

AND... I stress this... if you see a story that you feel would add to the page or that should be posted here, please send it along to me.
I highly encourage everyone on this, because as hard as I may try, I can't catch everything that goes on.
Also, I do have a life and while I try to devote as much time to this as possible, I can't be monitoring the news 24/7. As I've said before, I will depend on people sending me alerts and tips. So please do so.

And thirdly, I'm sorry if you don't want to ever see or read anything that has to do with the world outside the Quad Cities, but I respectfully suggest if you want a Quad City-centric page, you start your own or just read the Times and Dispatch/Argus. I'll be happy to include a link to it.

 
At 2/25/2005 5:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quite the contrary; I wish this blog wasn't here to waste my time.

 
At 2/25/2005 5:26 PM, Blogger The Inside Dope said...

Do you have any idea how stupid you sound? That's like the kid that killed his parents pleading for mercy because he's an orphan.

I'm sorry that someone apparently has a gun to your head making you spend your time here.

If you think this is a waste of your precious time, the solution would be obvious to a chimp.

Let me know if you can't figure it out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home