December 1, 2006

Stalker mail


Here's a screen shot of my mail program showing the number of attacks and threatening comments I receieved within the span of a half hour this morning, directly after calling for a day where comments were to only say positive things or nothing at all. (Click on image to enlarge)

This person, who writes several times daily, wrote 24 hate comments (including threats of physical violence) within the span of 30 minutes. (not all of them show here as the program groups comments on individual posts together and they left more than one comment on a few posts)

If it seems I'm overreacting, bear in mind that these all came from the same computer with an IP address from SBC DSL and that this happens on a daily basis. Just wanted to give you a glimpse into what's out there, as I'm sure most readers have no idea what level of cretins I've had to deal with for over a year now.

We're not talking about a stable person here, and yes, it's pretty creepy on it's own, let alone the truly twisted stuff they write.

But without their threats and harassment, I probably would have hung up the blog long ago. For that I owe them. The more they continue their constant threats and bullying attempts the more it hardens my resolve to continue to produce what I hope is an interesting blog, especially since judging by the evidence, it has the added bonus of driving these weirdos right out of their minds.

I'm not sure whether to be flattered or freaked out that someone is clearly obsessed with myself and the blog. It's pretty creepy, as after all, it's just a blog. But they must be scared of something, otherwise I can't imagine why they'd spend more time attacking me than I spend running the whole blog.

But worst of all, they're BORING. I mean, they have about 4 or 5 standard lines of attack, and they repeat them over and over and over and over. After several hundred of the same thing, it's just unbearably tedious. It's bad enough to be stalked and have a creepy person obsessed with you, but it's worse when it's boring as hell. Yeeesh!

2 Comments:

At 12/21/2006 6:10 PM, Blogger Rich Miller said...

You really should move to WordPress. That way, you can blacklist that moron and never even see his comments. They'll be automatically deleted.

 
At 12/21/2006 10:20 PM, Blogger The Inside Dope said...

Excellent suggestion Rich.

I'll certainly look into that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home