February 14, 2005

Here we go

Welcome to the premier of The Inside Dope.

In response to the crying need for an on-line forum to discuss political issues in the northwest Illinois area (generally within the 36th, 71st, and 72nd districts) I've created this little presence on the web.

Here I hope to provide news and information of interest regarding this area as well as a place for others to post their sage comments, wise analysis, predictions, rants, tedious and lame statements of support for their guy or gal, and witty sarcastic jibes. (especially the witty sarcastic jibes.)

I hope to make this a place where readers can find information that can't be found elsewhere. As an inside dope myself, I hope to provide you with the same.


I see my role as a sort of circus ringleader. I will provide the posts and the site, you provide the debate. I intend this to be a no-holds-barred forum, but reserve the right to edit any content that I feel goes over the line. (Though that line will be pretty hard to cross.)

Where this will lead is impossible to say, but I'm hopeful that it will be an interesting and though provoking site and that I'll be able to keep things fresh and current.

To that end, I send out an appeal to you, gentle readers. The success or failure of this blog lies largely in your hands, for it is you, the loving public, who I'll depend on to send in your personal inside dope, point out the error of my ways, and otherwise contribute to this endeavor. One of the best aspects of the blog is that it's a two-way street.

So please, by all means, feel free to send me any tidbits, inside dope, breaking news, or even facts. Though I am omniscient, I can't be everywhere at once. I will depend on your contributions to make this site interesting for all.

I may from time to time wish to publish some of my more inspired e-mail. Normally I will not publish any e-mail addresses or other identifying info. However, if the mail is particularly stupid, offensive, or otherwise deserving of wider scorn, I may choose to publish the senders e-mail address to allow my
readers to share their thoughts with the sender.

That said though, I strongly encourage posters to register and adopt a user name so that you will at least be anonymously linked to your posts. (How else can we tell who the brilliant ones are?) Endless posts from "anonymous" tend to get tedious and lame. Registration is quick, painless, completely anonymous, and free. This is crucial, as with user names, we can all come to know and love you for your brilliant posts and a community of inside dopers might develop.

If it turns out that the majority of posts are from "anonymous", I may be forced to make this a "members only" blog, which will mean that only registered users whom I've allowed to join can participate. I'd like to avoid that if possible and continue to make this blog open to all without restriction.

Fasten your seatbelts. And let the games begin!

10 Comments:

At 2/17/2005 12:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great web site!

Congratulations on setting this up!

The QCs needs this site because there are so many issues to discuss up here.

Kudos to you and good luck!

 
At 2/18/2005 3:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Porter McNeil, we look forward to enjoying your rants!

 
At 2/18/2005 6:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

To my fan out there, while I appreciate the fact that the QC's has a new site of its own and that you seem to feel that I am the talent behind this -- I am not.

Should you not believe this, feel free to call me on my cell (309-236-1484).

Thanks,

Porter McNeil

 
At 2/18/2005 6:38 PM, Blogger The Inside Dope said...

Whew, what a relief. That guy that was obsessively posting your name as the owner of this site was REALLY getting on my nerves, but I didn't want to waste my time telling him he was dead wrong, as he (or she) seems like the kind of person that wouldn't believe me anyway.
But it wasn't right. It wasn't fair to you, or to the old Dope. I didn't want you to be blamed for anything I did here, but didn't want you getting credit for anything I did well either!
Hope this puts an end to our friend's feverish postings.
They're welcome here, but I certainly hope they have more to offer than incessant juvenile attempts to credit (or blame, as the case may be) you with creating this blog. I can state unequivacally that I am not now, nor have I ever been, Porter McNeil.
We return you now to our regularly scheduled program.

 
At 2/19/2005 12:02 PM, Blogger The Inside Dope said...

Pehaps Mr. McNeil should likewise feel honored to be mistaken for the Dope? ;-)

 
At 2/19/2005 11:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, "Latinv," for the kind words.

And kudos to Ms. "Inside Dope" for hosting this new web site.

 
At 2/20/2005 12:34 AM, Blogger The Inside Dope said...

As long as we're all being polite, thank you Porter. Hope this little project proves to be beneficial and informative.

 
At 2/22/2005 1:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my cousin saw you prepare this blog last week mr. mcneal.

 
At 2/22/2005 3:09 PM, Blogger The Inside Dope said...

HAW HAW HAW HAW!!! We have a winner... the silliest post yet at the Inside Dope.

What? Did your cousin see McNeil out in his driveway building a blog?

As I have mentioned several times previously, these wrong, unsupported allegations that McNeil put up this blog is not just fun and games. It's very unfair to both McNeil and myself.

I'm sure he doesn't appreciate seeing people attributing my work to him, and frankly, I don't appreciate having that happen either.

It's just gotten supremely annoying and if it continues, I'll be forced to just delete any comment which mentioned it.

The Dope has spoken.

 
At 2/28/2005 4:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

who are you, dope - who who, who who

 

Post a Comment

<< Home